Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Who Cares?

Yesterday, it made the AP Political News wire that President Obama bought some pastry at a bakery. I'm sorry to say, I don't care.

I don't care if the president buys pastry, or drinks Bud Light, or smokes. I don't care if his wife thinks children should eat more greens and exercise more. I don't care where his kids go to school.

I don't care if the president is black, or brown or red or yellow or green. I don't care if he's a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, a Buddhist, an atheist, or paints himself blue and bays at the moon. I don't care if he's older than God or barely legal. I don't even care if the president is female, homosexual, or even both.

Can the president govern? Will the president show wisdom, an even temper, a faithfulness to the Constitution? That's all I care about.

So can we please shut up about the president's pastry choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment