Monday, November 22, 2010

Truth

I mentioned previously that I could not guarantee this blog would be truthful. There are two main reasons for this.

One, truth is not that interesting. I already know a great deal about my life, and unless you're a part of it, very little of it is your business. For that matter, I spend far too much time in my own life, and I find an active fantasy life helps me get away from it. Truth is dull; fiction is compelling.

In addition, truth is overrated. If I perceive the world, or choose to perceive the world in a certain way, what business does truth have coming to screw that up? Enough of truth! I get truth enough in this pesky real world I seem to live in. If I lie, if the world lies to me, if there are hidden things... I'm kind of okay with that.

Let there be lies and fiction. Let them be expected. Perhaps someday I shall tell the truth, but almost certainly not.

No comments:

Post a Comment