Monday, November 22, 2010

Revoking the Right to Life

I really do believe that if I run over a person crossing the street fifteen feet away from the crosswalk, there should be no punishment. After all, a person not taking the extra ten steps to cross at the designated spot is either too stupid or too self-important to live, so why not save Darwinian forces the trouble?

But then, I also believe that the solution to the issue of the death penalty is to revoke the right to life of anyone who takes the life of another. Government does nothing to end this person's life, but neither does it prevent another person from taking it. I also think the same argument can be expanded: violate the rights of another, have the same right denied of yourself.

But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment