Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Love

I felt something last night I haven't felt for a while: a sharp pain directly below my heart at the realization that I wasn't going to see a certain someone that night. This made worse by the fact that our time of separation had only been ten or so hours at that time, and we would most likely be together again within another nine (actually, it ended up being only eight).

Had I missed it? Yes and no. Yes, it was thrilling. No, the pain was not welcome. Being in love is wonderful and exciting. Once the initial thrill wears off, though, and you find yourself simply loving, it is no longer exciting, but all the more wonderful.

But the one I speak of is a new experience, by definition unlike anything before. I am eager to see how this develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment